Thursday, October 20, 2011

Shocking interview with Ex-Homicide Detective “Ms Hollist” speaks on “John Jersey Auletta”

From: DT (Journalist)
Date: September 10, 2011
Time: 8:40 AM

Q. Ms Hollist how long you been dealing with the law?
A. I been working in the field for about 20 years, 10 in the street and 10 in Homicide.

Q. Are you now in Retirement?
A. Yes, I have been out for like 4 years.

Q. So to the point, when is the first time you ran across John Jersey Auletta?
A. (pause) It was in 2001 around August when he got shot and his home boy got killed in the car. I was investigating the murder of his friend, and I went to the hospital to talk to Jersey about the murder, but the only thing I could get out of Jersey was ‘I’ma handle it, they shed Blood so I’ma shed much Blood’ is what Jersey told me. I tried many times to get Jersey to speak but it was no win with him.

Q. Did you ever get the person that killed Jersey’s friend?
A. No, we did not because nobody wanted to speak with us, all we knew was it was suppose to be a robbery and some Black Males shot the car up with Jersey and his friend in it but Jersey survived. I did my best on this case, but the Gang Task Force wanted the case because they knew Jersey was a Blood Gang Member. During the investigation, I followed and watched Jersey when he got out the hospital, and he just did a lot of drug trafficking on Prospect Ave in the Belmont section of the Bronx. Me, being a Homicide detective, I looked pass the drug dealings, but the one night I had a meeting with my partner was the night two Bloods got murdered in “Fordham Heights” off Morris Ave. One witness said they seen a dark black or dark red Acura drive off from the scene and at that time Jersey drove a Maroon 1995 Acura with chrome rims, so that’s when I got a warrant and arrested Jersey on Garden Street off Prospect Ave.

Q. So what happened next?
A. We took Jersey to 48th Precinct on 480 E 183rd Street, I questioned Jersey and questioned him, and he gave me the same story. We did not have any hard evidence but one witness who saw his car. We only found about $4500 and some packs of dope on Jersey. We thought Jersey was gone fold with him being so young, but I can truly say I never met a young person like Jersey, I wanted to pin the dope charge on him, but I needed him to slip up so I let him go.

Q. So did he ever slip up at all?
A. I almost had a case on Jersey but the Feds told me and my partner to back off him, and a week later I hear Jersey got locked up for a Federal Gang charge and possession of an Illegal firearm.

Q. Do you know how much time he got in the feds?
A. I am not sure but it was between 38 months and 62 months, he was so young. I was still head investigator in the case so I went to see Jersey at USP “Lewisburg” (Federal camp) in 2002 thinking he was under pressure, but that Jersey still stuck to his story and I will never forget this, Jersey told me to let the past be the past and smiled at me and walked out. I made a 10 hour drive for nothing. I closed the case, but two years later, I was investigating another murder with the eighteen Trey Blood’s in Twin Park section of Bronx in 2004. We had an eyewitness to the murder saying it was a drug deal gone bad, it was a robbery at first for the three keys of heroin but to my surprise Jersey’s name comes up. I knew Jersey had been released that year but the witness seemed like he was not too good with saying to much about Jersey. Therefore, I hit the streets hard looking for Jersey in the Belmont section of the Bronx. Days later, I located Jersey in an all red 2003 Dodge truck. In my head, I am thinking he’s doing mighty good to be just coming home, so the murder at the drug deal pop is in my head. I really had no evidence to arrest Jersey. So, I followed him for a few days. But, what got me by surprise was I was having lunch with my partner in Harlem at (White Castles) when Jersey walks to my table and say ‘whats poppin snow bunny’ and sits down. I was so ready to arrest his ass but I had to be smart, he told me to stop spying on him and paid for my lunch and left, that was the last time I saw Jersey. I heard he went down South and got locked up.

Q. So that’s the last you heard of Jersey?
A. Oh no, I retired in 2007 but my best friend is still a detective at 52nd Precinct in the Bronx. In the summer of 2008 me and me best friend was having ladies night out when she started talking about her case at the job and was investigating a homicide in Gun Hill section and said two witnesses were saying they just know ‘Jersey’ killed their brother’. All I could do was put my head down. I told my friend the type of person she was dealing with, and she did a full investigation on Jersey. In addition, she found out Jersey got out of prison down South in April 2008 and came back to New York for a short time and went back down South and got locked up in Atlanta for a Federal Gang charge, multiple murders, and many gun charges, he had like 35 felonies.

Q. So did your friend ever charge Jersey with the murders?
A. No, she closed the case from the lack of evidence because some how both of the witnesses got killed, and after hearing how much time Atlanta gave Jersey I guess it’s a closed chapter.

Q. They say Jersey was the hitman for the Bloods in the South, can you believe that or what’s your take?
A. I never had evidence to put Jersey away for murder so I’m not gone call him a murderer but I can say he is very street smart and you just got to watch him.

Q. On the front cover of Don Diva magazine with Jersey’s face on it, it say’s ‘look into a mind of a killer’, so people know about him but he is using his life as a message to the Youth. Can you believe that?
A. Yes, I can because he has been through it and the Youth want to hear whats real but it also can influence the Youth. You know what I mean!

Q. He is doing one of the two because he sold out the Don Diva Magazine in two months, his book and movie about to drop. Are you going to buy his book and see his movie based on his life?
A. Yes, I am because I want to know what goes through his mind, also. I have known him since he was sixteen and now I see him on the front of a magazine in the Bronx on the newsstands. It is hard to say this but I respect Jersey, I read the magazine a million times, I feel him in my heart. Just watch him close because he will fool you quick.

Q. Some people saying he is the youngest American Gangsta, what you think?
A. Yes, yes, yes, in my eyes he is the only American Gangsta that did not snitch, and Damn, they threw the book at him.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's real talk about my cuz...! "The only American Gangsta that didn't snitch!"

    ReplyDelete